Becoming a Schwab Independent Branch Leader
Our straightforward transition experience provides the support you’ll need—and we’ll be by your side through it all.
Evaluating the Opportunity
- A Franchise Sales Director will take the time to fully analyze and understand your current practice needs and your vision for the future.
- You're not just changing broker dealers – you're becoming a Schwab franchise owner.
Meeting Schwab Partners
- You’ll get to know our team, we’ll get to know you and your team—and that’s crucial to building strong relationships.
- We’ll bring the Schwab franchise model to life for you through face-to-face meetings with specialists who are here to support you and your clients.
- You’ll hear, first-hand, from Schwab franchisees who’ve made the transition and are taking advantage of the Schwab franchise opportunity.
Defining Your Market
- We’ll analyze your market’s household and asset opportunities—along with Schwab’s market share—to define your territory.
- The zip codes within your territory are assigned to your Schwab franchise. All new account lead flow from these zip codes will be assigned to your branch.
- You’ll have exclusive marketing rights in your assigned territory. Additionally, Schwab will seed your new franchise with a select group of Schwab clients to support you in your transition.
Selecting Your Location
- Schwab’s real estate team will help you select a location based on traffic flow, retail footprint, and brand positioning opportunities.
- We handle lease negotiation, construction, and all the details—that means you’ll get to focus on building the business on Day One.
- To get your branch off to a great start, you’ll be able to distribute the cost of build-out over the first 5-year term of your franchise.
Transitioning to Schwab
- Led by a dedicated Transition Manager, your transition will be tailored to your unique practice and client needs.
- Your Transition Manager will lead a team of specialists to execute your transition plan and determine the asset conversion process.
- From online account opening to ACAT tracking, we’ll be available to assist in the transition so you can spend more time focusing on your clients
- Your Transition Manager will meet with you regularly to keep your transition on track and help stay ahead of any issues that may come up during the transition.
- Regional specialists will partner with you throughout the transition process and for the life of your franchise. These specialists are your partners and are incented to help you meet your clients’ needs and plan for future growth.
- You’ll have access to a robust training program, both online and in person.
Opening Your Branch
- As your opening date approaches, your Franchise Marketing Consultant will help you plan and execute an impactful grand opening event.
- You'll get help developing your marketing strategy to let everyone know you are the new face of Schwab in your community.
- You'll have a dedicated Franchise Marketing Consultant throughout the life of your franchise to ensure you are leveraging the Schwab brand to help you cultivate your local market and grow your business.
There are many benefits to becoming a Schwab franchise owner.
Learn what is drawing entrepreneurial advisors to the Schwab franchise model – from our wealth management solutions to the power of the Schwab brand, our model is designed to support you.
Ready to Start the Conversation?
Ready to Start the Conversation?